Needlework never goes out of fashion. That is why gum bracelets are in great demand now. On sale you can find many special kits for weaving. But not everyone knows how to correctly weave a bracelet. In fact, there is nothing complicated here. You can do this on a loom (which usually comes with a set), fingers, or even an ordinary fork. We bring to your attention some simple, but very beautiful ways for beginners.
This is a basic method, which you will not be difficult to master. For the bracelet, you need to select about 50 rubber bands. You can use multiple colors or just one. Let’s start weaving:
- Set aside three rubber bands. We put on the first 8 on two fingers. The next two should be put on top without twisting.
- We throw off the elastic band from the bottom point from the fingers. You need to take it by the tips — so it forms a loop.
- We put on the fourth elastic band, then we throw off the third one.
- We put on the next elastic band, and grab the bottom one by the ends and stretch it up through the fingers.
- As soon as the length of the bracelet becomes suitable, it is necessary to fix the edges with a transparent clip. It is threaded through elastic bands located on the edge.
To weave such a bracelet, you need to take 25 one-color rubber bands and another such set of a different color (for simplicity, we will call them No. 1 and No. 2), as well as a special hook included in the set. This is a fairly simple way of weaving, which even beginners can do.
- We fix color No. 1 on the hook with a figure eight.
- No. 2 is fixed on the hook and pulled through the loop of material of color No. 1. The next part of the elastic must be fixed on the hook so that two one-color loops are obtained.
- No. 1 we stretch through the first loop of color No. 2. The next part of the gum should be put on the hook. As a result, there should be 1 loop No. 2 and two loops No. 1 on the hook.
- The whole structure unfolds half a turn. In this case, it is necessary to clamp the elastic bands with your finger and stretch the hook from the other side.
- This manipulation should not be forgotten to be repeated constantly after fixing the elastic bands and forming loops.
- Once the bracelet is ready, its ends should be secured with a clip.
Method «Mermaid Hair»
Using this method, you will get a very beautiful and unusual bracelet. To create it, you need about sixty to seventy elastic bands of two different shades, a special machine and a hook, and also a fixing clip. The accessory should be created on two pillars fixed side by side:
- We put on elastic band No. 1 on both pillars and twist it with the 8th one.
- We put on color No. 2 on the pillar on the right side, having previously folded it in half.
- We throw No. 1 on both pillars, without twisting.
- Using the hook, you should pick up No. 2 on the right post and pull it to the side, while picking up the bottom elastic band (8th). We take it aside.
- Next, alternate similar actions on the left pillar, then on the right.
- When the required length is reached, all elastic bands should be removed from the left column, except for the topmost one. Using a hook, bring them to the center. Repeat the same steps with the right column.
- Throw the upper elastic band from the right to the left post and fix everything with a clip.