The fact that women love jewelry has long been known. The larger the gemstone and the more colorful the product, the more expensive it is. Wealthy connoisseurs of luxury goods have never spared money for the most expensive jewelry.
The wives and mistresses of the rulers of many countries wore diadems, rings, necklaces, earrings and pendants made of diamonds and emeralds.
Many of these jewels have entered the TOP 10 and are now sold under the hammer at the most prestigious auction houses in the world. They have an impressive history and famous owners, which we will cover in this article.
One of the most expensive pieces of jewelry in the world is Princess Catherine’s engagement ring.
Prior to the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton, it was worn by Prince William’s mother, Princess Diana. The gem, bought by Prince Charles in 1981, is now valued at 10 times the price. At that time, the ring cost 28 thousand pounds. Today it is valued at £300,000.
The most beautiful blue diamond jewelry in the world
These stones are called “moussanites”. For the first time they were found in 1893 in a meteorite by the French scientist, Nobel Prize winner Henri Moussan.
The most famous blue diamond is the 112.25-carat rough Hope stone. It was found in India and sold to Louis XIV. After processing, he became 67 carats. Experts consider them the most expensive in the world in terms of estimated cost. The price of genuine branded products with their inserts starts from $1 million.
One of the most expensive pieces of jewelry in the world is the Riviere necklace.
According to experts, the price of this product is about 2 million dollars. This large diamond necklace belonged to the British Queen Mary, the first woman to successfully rule Britain.
The most expensive jewelry in the world — a gold ring from the brand Bulgari
This piece of jewelry was commissioned by a well-known European collector with an insert of an extremely rare blue diamond with signature engraving of the Sotirio Bulgari brand in 1984. Its price varies from 6.08 to 30.3 million dollars.
The cost of the most expensive diamond earrings
Apollo and Artemis were the names of luxurious diamond earrings sold by auction at Sotheby’s in Switzerland. They were put up for sale for 57 million 425 thousand 478 US dollars. This is the world record for the amount spent on a pair of diamond earrings. Until now, only one blue diamond has been paid more.
The Apollo earring is the most expensive blue diamond in the world, selling for $57.6 million last year.
The pink Artemis earring cost the new owner $15.3 million.
Together they refer to a pair of ancient twin deities who symbolize strength and beauty in Greek mythology. Although the earrings vary in color, their shape and cut match.
Last year, $17.6 million was raised at the Geneva Jewelery Auction for luxurious Miroir de l’Amour diamond earrings. Their name, translated from French, means “mirror of love.”
The most expensive antique jewelry — Marie Antoinette necklace
It once belonged to Marie Antoinette, daughter of Empress Maria Theresa and Austrian Emperor Francis I. The cost of this necklace is estimated at 3.7 million dollars.
One of the most expensive pieces of jewelry is the legendary panther bracelet.
Its owner, Duchess Wallis Simpson, who once owned the collection the most expensive and luxury jewelry, was a very controversial figure in the British royal family. A twice-divorced woman had an affair with King Edward VIII. This emerald bracelet was one of his gifts. After the end of the relationship, he was sold for 12 million pounds.
Among the world’s finest jewelry and jewelry is the green diamond ring.
“Green Pearl” was first presented at Sotheby’s auction. This green diamond weighs approximately 2.52 carats. The ring is valued at $3 million.
The most beautiful jewelry of the twentieth century
This title belongs to the Heart of the Kingdom and Maria Jozefa necklaces. She was the daughter of King Albert I of Belgium and Queen Gabriela Elisabeth. In 1930 she married the Duke of Piedmont in Rome. Her emerald and diamond necklace is now worth $5 million.
“Heart of the Kingdom” is a magnificent masterpiece of one of the oldest jewelry houses House of Garrard. Its main feature is the inlay of a large Burmese ruby weighing 40.63 carats and diamonds of 155 carats. A slight movement of the hand — and this necklace becomes a tiara for an exquisite hairstyle.
The most beautiful jewelry: diamond bikini and Chopard watch
The legendary luxury watch brand Chopard has released a real masterpiece of jewelry art. This watch consists of 874 diamonds of various sizes. The largest stone weighs 15 carats. The dial opens with the help of three large diamonds, which are pushed aside. This luxury watch was sold to an unknown collector for $25 million.
The diamond bikini, released in 2006, is not meant for swimming. Susan Rosen designed this extravagant platinum accessory. It consists of diamonds with a total weight of 150 carats.
The most beautiful jewelry of the XXI century
So far, this title is shared by:
- exquisite Pink Graff ring with an insert of a crystal clear pink diamond weighing 25 carats. In 2010, it was auctioned for $46 million to renowned jeweler collector Lawrence Graff;
- restored by modern jewelers tiara of Colombian emeralds with pearl shape and diamonds, owned by Princess Katharina Henckel von Donnersmarck. Prior to that, it was worn by the trendsetter of European jewelry fashion Eugenia, the wife of Napoleon III. Today it is worth $25 million;
- the most expensive in the world — luxurious diamond necklace with a symbolic name “Incomparable” worth $55 million. It features the world’s largest internally flawless yellow diamond of 407.48 carats and smaller clear diamonds of 230 carats total. It was born thanks to a little girl from the Congo, who accidentally found a yellow diamond weighing 890 carats.
The Most Expensive Jewelry Brands Worn by Actresses at the Oscars
- The emerald earrings and ring from the Lorraine Schwartz collection that Angelina Jolie wore in 2009 cost $3.5 million. This set belongs to the categorymost expensive jewelryin the history of the Oscars. This American actress hesitated to buy diamonds for a long time. Jolie’s 115-carat dangling earrings pair perfectly with a 65-carat Colombian emerald ring.
- Neil Lane jewelry, which Jennifer Lawrence wore to the statuette ceremony in 2014, also cost $3.5 million. In addition to a 100-carat diamond pendant and a rhinestone necklace, the actress wore a chic set of 10-carat half-million-dollar earrings and a $100,000 colored diamond ring.
- The 2010 Oscar winner for her lead role in The Way to Happiness, Kate Winslet, was awarded a gold statuette in Tiffany & Co jewelry. The $3.5 million set included a beautiful white and yellow diamond necklace, yellow diamond earrings and three bracelets.
- Charlize Theron’s 2013 Oscar-winning look includes late-1950s emerald-cut earrings, a 57.30-carat platinum bracelet from 1959, and a marquise-cut diamond ring. In 2014, she wore a stunning $15.8 million Harry Winston necklace to the ceremony.
- Nicole Kidman’s spectacular 2008 diamond necklace from L’Wren Scott was worth $7 million. 7,500 diamonds weighing 1,399 carats and over 6 million hours of work by several famous jewelers were spent on its handcrafting!
- Sandra Bullock’s Lorraine Schwartz bracelet and earrings set cost $8.2 million in 2014. Thanks to these accessories, she won the title of one of the most elegantly dressed and stylish stars at the gala evening.
- The Tiffany Lucida Star necklace, earrings and ring that Anne Hathaway was seen wearing in 2011 cost $10 million.
- The set of jewelry from the fashion jewelry house Chopard, in which Cate Blanchett received a statuette in 2014 for the film Blue Jasmine, cost $ 18 million. It consists of stunning long white opal earrings by Chopard, an openwork bracelet and a massive diamond ring.
However, the undisputed titlethe most beautiful jewelry in the world“has a blue diamond Heart of the Ocean necklace from the famous collection of Harry Winston. Gloria Stuart starred in it in the movie Titanic in 1998. Its cost is 20 million dollars.
Do you want to look no less luxurious and elegant than movie stars? Buy branded jewelry in the Silvers online store with delivery in Ukraine — and you will always feel stylish, sophisticated and irresistible.